The increasing number of Registered Housing Providers which have either merged or created various group structures has meant we have been increasingly asked by groups to help them realise the benefits of joining forces.
There are often significant opportunities to create cost savings from such strategic moves; however actually achieving them can be an arduous journey. In our experience many groups are still struggling to truly get the best out of Repairs & Maintenance within their new structure.
Key considerations include:
- How do we get the best out of each of the models within the current set up?
- Can we create a single operating model and still maintain our local brand and offering?
- How do we align cultures and infrastructure when there are some marked differences between organisations?
- How do we optimise our group structure within R&M, especially if we have multiple delivery models?
- Which delivery model is the best for us as a group? In-house vs. external delivery
- Can we become commercial and customer focused?
Given that many organisations are looking to create lean and customer focused operations across their whole groups (not just Repairs & Maintenance) and have a significant number of major projects as a result, we have uniquely placed ourselves to provide a support model which can ensure that this actually happens within Repairs & Maintenance. The aim is to create results which are both deeper and faster.
A key question is whether you have the capability internally to make a step change. A ‘look in the mirror’ can often help.
We are very passionate about using our experience to help you to:
- Become commercial AND customer focused
- Understand the root causes of why you are not where you want to be
- Establish a plan which is fit for purpose (critical to differentiate the need for a transformation plan versus a continuous improvement plan)
- Identify ambitious and achievable cost reduction targets
- Get the right people in the right roles (who can ensure sustainable change is achieved)
- Get the best out of your IT solutions (often includes removal of the ‘blame IT’ culture)
- Changing the way that you think about managing performance
- Source and achieve the best supply chain solution
We have worked with organisations to help them deliver both commercial client-contractor models and lean models with no client function.