Our extensive experience of working with Registered Housing Providers means that we have seen a wide variety of R&M deliver models. Vantage’s Operations Director Rob Bryan takes you through the questions you should ask yourself:
- Have we got the right mix between internal and external delivery?
- Should we keep our internal maintenance service?
- Should we consider setting up an internal maintenance service?
- What are the options available in setting up an internal maintenance service?
- What legal structures do we need to consider and how can we be innovative?
- Do we need to run a client-contractor relationship to be commercial?
In our experience, the best model will be very much dependant on your circumstances. This is why there is no generic “one size fits all” model which consistently delivers success. Because Vantage conduct in-depth reviews of processes and options, we will suggest the most appropriate model for you. Trust us, we’ve seen it all before!
We have worked with organisations to help them deliver both commercial client-contractor models, and lean models with no client function. Instead of completing a generic options appraisal we can help you to complete this crucial exercise, taking on board your strategic objectives, scale, organisational culture and demographic circumstances.
Contact us to find out what’s the best option for you.